18 August 2011

Cannons of Talang










Source : Staronline, scootering.com.my



It happens only once a year. Only in Kg. Talang, Kuala Kangsar, Perak. This village consists of clusters of small villages. To name a few; Kg. Talang Hilir, Talang masjid, Talang Changkat, Talang Dusun, and Talang Hulu.

Many years ago, the events of pipes cannon lasted for three nights, but now only allowed for one night by the local authority. The tradition is, few groups located in various area surrounding the paddy-field. We can see flash of the blast far away.

The event start from 12am until dawn

I have never seen it live. just heard the sound of the blast from my grandmothers house. However, I have seen their preparations on the afternoon as shown above. I am proud of this tradition. Steady cannon.

No comments: